Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today's ride: trying out a Respiro Bandit mask

Dropped off the water heater at the dump this morning and dropped off the truck at work, so I'm back on the bike now. It's impossible to miss all the pollen in the air these days. It's all over the roads, on the bike, and I've got pretty bad allergies to it. So I tried a Respiro Bandit mask that I ordered from Aerostich.

It hasn't turned out too well. There's a couple things I don't like about it. Probably my biggest complaint is that it doesn't make my allergies go away, although it may be helping. It's hard to tell. I suspect it would help more if it fit better. The mask uses a knot at the back to tie it around my face. That might work well with a half-helmet, but my full face helmet pushes it down and the knot digs into my neck when I turn my head. Not the right tool for the job, though it might be useful for other things that don't involve wearing a full helmet.

No comments: