Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Despite the weather man...

today's commute was beautiful. With the day starting out overcast, it quickly turned sunny and warm.
On the way in, I was somewhat annoyed by the full dump truck in the middle lane and the drivers on either side matching its speed. I found out the hard way a few months ago not to be anywhere behind dump trucks when one hit a bump on GA-400 and dusted me with red clay. It was a rather unpleasant experience when clay blew into my helmet and then my eyes. In order to avoid that, I resigned myself to fall way back and watch the bed for any debris. Then someone else dumped styrofooam beads on the highway. While I wasn't worried about hitting those, I found out another neat little fact: styrofoam beads sting when they hit you at 65 mph.
On the way home, not only did a box truck start to back up at me (he stopped with about 8" to spare,) I got the chance to observe some bad habits. First, I was behind a lady reading a magazine while she drove. Second, I was behind another lady who, upon starting moving (and only from a dead stop and not from rolling stops,) she would take both the hands off the wheel and patted and parted her hair. She did it each and every time. I just found that a little odd.

No comments: