Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Today's lesson

My lesson for the day is: check your tire pressure regularly. I check the electronics and oil fairly regularly, but I kept putting off the tire check until yesterday evening. Here is another place knowing your bike is handy. The steering felt a little sluggish and squishy on the ride yesterday, so I determined to check the first thing that came to mind. Sure enough, the front tire was way down on pressure, and fully inflating it made a world of difference for this morning. There was also a bumper lying in the middle of my lane this morning, so steering was quite useful today.
Second lesson today, crouching into a full tuck behind my fairing on the highway means I can drop 500 rpm and maintain the same speed. Something to keep in mind for gas mileage.

No comments: