Thursday, March 27, 2008

Today's Ride

Starting the day out at 45 degrees and ending it at 74 made for a bit of practice in layering. Fortunately, my vest has a pocket on its back large enough to fold my extra clothes into for the ride home. The morning ride lacked any of the usual tail gating, but I also left the house slightly earlier and may have missed the people who are in a hurry to get to work.
On the way home, I yet again discovered the wisdom of listening to the advice of more experienced riders. As I leaned over into a turn, it felt like I was leaning too far and the bike just had to be about to fall. So, I started to straighten my body up with the bike leaned over, which, of course, actually started to destabilize the turn. Then I remembered the advice I've been told by a number of people, the bike can lean farther than you think,trust it. So, when I remembered that, I leaned back into the turn and realized that I was going well within the constraints of the corner/bike/speed... and no, I wasn't speeding... Aside from that little revelation, today's ride was very pleasant and unremarkable.

No comments: