Friday, March 28, 2008

Good Morning

A good morning for the commute, mid-50's and relatively calm breeze. I filled up the tank at the outset of the ride. Yet again, 3.5 gallons were used for 220 miles. What made the morning even more fun was that I played a little bit of follow the leader with a guy on a Harley the whole way in. When he pulled up next to me at light I noticed we have two different approaches to visibility. First, I have a smaller bike with little room for even the single tail light that's on it now, so I go for the large amounts of retro-reflective clothing. He was on an Electra-glide (I think) with all the room he needs for his five large tail lights and the neon blue lighting kit in the chassis. The fact that he was in all black leathers was more than balanced out by the simple act of lighting the bike up like a Christmas tree. Either approach is fine, so long as people see you.

No comments: