Thursday, March 13, 2008

And I rode to work today too.

Seems this weather has been bringing out a lot of motorcyclists for the first commute of spring. Unlike Philip, in this weather I find I have to put on three layers of clothing in the morning to deal with the wind chill. I had on insulated riding pants over my jeans and a fleece pullover under my jacket, although I didn't have to wear anything around my neck like I do in even colder weather. Perhaps my commute goes through some colder stretches, or gives me a bit more of a chance to open up the throttle.

This one was a fairly uneventful commute. I did have one case of a driver reacting a bit strangely to me, somebody in a Mercedes who went halfway over the double yellow line to get around me and into a left-turn lane sooner. There wasn't any oncoming traffic, but still.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suppose I should admit I may have cheated a little in my layers count: Alter Ego overpants over my jeans, my jackets has a removable liner that was in this morning, and the hi-vis vest (but that's made like a mesh jacket, so its of dubious use for warmth.)