Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Introduction

As Matt mentioned earlier, I need to introduce myself. I'm Philip and a certified non-technical gear head. I like driving them a lot more than fixing them. I am also, not surprisingly, a motorcyclist. As a contributor to this blog, I should aim for riding everyday for a month. However, I have a much lower skill level and a lot fewer miles under my belt than my brother, meaning I am going to be riding fewer days out of that month and finding more excuses to sit down in my cage and drive. Those days I do ride, I will be posting a journal of how the ride was, traffic, weather, and other sundry details of the commute. Also, I hope to post a comparison at the end of each week of mileage of the bike and the car. On the days that I don't ride, I'll be putting up my excuse (you can judge me later) and an abridged journal of the drive, just for comparison.

If you're wondering why I won't be going all out on this endeavor, its pretty simple: I've only been riding for 6 months and have less than 1500 miles under my belt in the saddle. Inexperience in my commute may be more dangerous than it would be if I worked with Matt, as I work in downtown Atlanta with all the road-raged crazies.

Finally, I also will try to take the time to put in posts about getting started as a biker, what gear to look for, what to look for in a bike, etc. I may be slightly biased in the bike department though, I love my little Ninja 250.

No comments: