Monday, March 17, 2008

For comparison...

I filled up my Taurus this evening at 310 miles with 14 gallons even. First, the math lesson of the day: Ninja, 233 miles/ 3.5 gallons = 66.5 mpg
Taurus, 310 miles/ 14 gallons = 22.1 mpg
With approximately 260 days of the year I drive to work and about 50 miles a day, that's 13,000 miles per year driving to work. About 200 gallons for the bike versus 590 for the car... I think we all see where this is going, and it culminates with a discussion of guns vs. butter. But I digress.

Anyway, today's ride was good. I was slightly worried about what traffic would be doing today, as we had a tornado go through downtown and the debris closed a number of streets south of my office. I did have the requisite tail-gater truck this morning on the way in, but I wasn't the one holding up traffic. I was the third vehicle in the line, so I was somewhat amused when the truck zoomed around me to stop one lane over. Other than that, I can't think of anything noteworthy from the commute, oh, and the weather was a perfect 70 degrees for the ride home.

No comments: