Saturday, May 3, 2008

"Could you pick me up a..."

My wife was at home yesterday, but she's getting better. Before I left work yesterday, she called and asked if I could pick up a couple things at a local soul food restaurant. This isn't necessarily easy on a bike, although I was able to pull this off without much advance planning this time. Normally I carry a soft-sided lunch box in a magnetic tank bag. I was able to stuff the lunch box in my saddlebags, and walked into the restaurant carrying the tank bag so I could check if everything fit inside. Got the take-out dinner home without any trouble.

Not nearly as hard as the challenges some people in other countries face... check out Lords of the Logistic for some astounding photos of motorcycles, bicycles, and people carrying things that sometimes would be tough to carry in a small car.

No comments: