Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SHAD luggage picture

I've finally got the replacement clutch pushrod in, so it's ready to bring out of the garage. And, as you can see, the SHAD side cases are now in place as well. There were a few tricky parts with the installation: It took a little finesse to get it in place with the stock exhaust can, and I had to add some extra washers to space out some of the bolts. And the connectors for the turn signals were the wrong style. Still, now that it's on, these fit the bike pretty well and look like they should hold up better than my soft bags. They also leave a lot more space around the foot pegs, making them somewhat more passenger friendly. The soft luggage I used to have would cover up the passenger pegs. Plus I can fit more than I could carry in both soft bags into one of the SHAD cases. These things are huge. I could probably fit two gallon milk jugs in one of them.

1 comment:

pnut said...

Hi,

I also bought the side kit, but can't seem to get it to fit on the muffler side. Would you be able to tell me how you went about making it fit. The bracket that connects to the footpeg does not line up

Thanks,
Prasun