Sunday, April 26, 2009

Broken things

Had a couple things break today. Well, the first may have broken a while ago and I just now noticed. I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Sonic boots last year, and now they're coming apart next to one of the seams. On both sides. Not good; looks like I've got to order a new pair as this doesn't look easily fixed. Got to give the Joe Rocket boots a big thumbs down.

And when I was riding home from church today, I had my clutch cable break. Luckily it was less than a mile from home and I managed to ride home in first gear - the transmission doesn't like to be shifted without it. Looks like I'll need to order a new cable... or maybe get two of them, since they're pretty cheap and I've heard a lot of GS500F riders carry a spare.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Out of curiousity, how many miles did you have on that cable?