Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How does a water heater affect a commute?

Wondering where I've been? I've had to spend my spare time taking care of a bit of drama caused by the water heater. It died on Monday, so Monday night I was out arranging for a contractor to install a new one. Tuesday I worked from home while I was waiting for the contractor to show up. He showed up at 3:00 and refused to install the heater because something in his contract said not to work with the type of plumbing in the house. He also refused to give any information on where I could find a plumber who would. I had him leave the water heater there and I installed it myself.

So today I had an old water heater to haul off. I rode my bike to work, but decided the best course of action would be to drive a work truck home and use it to haul off the old water heater. So I'm assigning myself an extra day of riding to make up for the day with the truck.

No comments: