Thursday, June 19, 2008

I forgot to mention..

.. that on the ride down on Sunday, I got some first hand experience with bugs. Not the ones that hit you face shield. I've had bumble bees do that at highway speeds before. Which is in and of itself disconcerting, having your head rocked back by something smaller than a quarter. This time I had a bug hit my neck while traveling 55 on a state highway. I thought to myself, "well, that stung a little." A few seconds later I felt another sting like I'd hit something, but this time under my shoulder armor. So I rearranged my jacket, and felt another. Imagine this, you're driving down a four lane divided highway at 55 mph and you see a biker trying to move his jacket enough to allow a yellow jacket out of it. Not a pretty site. We finally got to a stop light where I could lift my shirt and jacket and allow the bug to fall onto my pants.

Score: Yellow Jacket - 5, Philip - 1

No comments: