Friday, July 11, 2014

Little bit of maintence

So, it has been a while since the last post. Hopefully that can change once we get the Buell back in riding shape.

We picked it up from storage in Virginia. I mean that literally. We had no ramp to load it into the trailer, so we used a wooden pallet and lifted it. That'll lead to some sore shoulders. Because it had been sitting for a while, we knew it would need some TLC. Battery was drained, front brake was almost spongey enough to be useless, and it wouldn't start (see: battery drained).

So, we put it on the battery tender after we got it home. After a recharge it now starts up fine. Next up, bleeding the front brake and putting fresh fluids in.